Immigration applicants For Canada to submit highest degree only for ECA

Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to handle ECAs, WES, recently announced that immigration applicants only need to submit their highest completed credential.

Those who completed education outside Canada need an assessment for two important reasons: to be eligible as the principal applicant for the Federal Skilled Workers Program, or to earn Comprehensive Ranking System points for foreign education. People who apply for Canadian immigration through the Express Entry system may need an ECA.

WES discourages clients to submit any additional credentials for assessment, as it will slow down the process. Also, ECAs are not needed for Canadian credentials.

Those whose have a Doctor Degree do not need to submit their:

  • Master
  • Bachelors

Express Entry candidates who are applying with a spouse or common-law partner can earn points if their partner also gets an ECA for their foreign credentials.

Call Us Now
Verified by MonsterInsights