The New Brunswick Regional Candidate Program incorporates an Entrepreneurial Stream and a Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Line, targeted at New Brunswick institutions professionals and students.
Entrepreneurial Stream Requirements:
- Have an eligible connection to New Brunswick.
- Be aged between 22 and 55.
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education degree or diploma.
- Score at least level 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark exam for speaking, listening, reading and writing in English or French.
- Have completed at least two years of full-time post-secondary education.
- The legally-acquired personal net worth of at least $600,000, of which $300,000 must be available in unencumbered liquidity.
- Invest at least $250,000 in a New Brunswick business, taking ownership of at least 33 percent.
- Sign a Business Performance Agreement with the New Brunswick provincial government and pay a deposit of $100,000.
- Business must create significant economic benefits to New Brunswick.
- Show business experience – either three years of ownership or five years of senior management experience in the last five years.
- Submit a business concept of 1,000 to 1,500 words.
- Conduct an exploratory visit to New Brunswick, or participate in an information session offered by the New Brunswick provincial government.
- Intend to live permanently in New Brunswick.