Investment Immigration Montenegro
In 2019, Citizenship of Montenegro was launched through investment programme. Applicants can apply by investing in one of several real estate development projects approved by the Government. The investment element in the northern and central region ranges from €250,000 to €450,000 in the coastal region. Additional requirement and due diligence charges apply.
Montenegrin citizenship by investment and a second European country passport is an attractive option for many of our customers. However it should be remembered that whilst Montenegro is not part of the EU geographically in Europe. Although it strives to satisfy EU accession requirements, it is not expected until at least 2025.
EU citizenship brings a significant premium on the market due to the settlement privileges that require residents of every EU nation to stay anywhere within the EU. It would be uncertain about time scale and far from definite to acquire citizenship in Montenegro for such a reason at this point.
- Rare one time limited opportunity for citizenship
- Instant Montenegro citizenship and passport within 3 months
- Montenegro is a future candidate for EU membership and joins Schengen area by 2025
- Cheapest property prices in Europe.
- Montenegro is so beautiful receives excess of 1 million visitor arrivals.
- Lifetime citizenship for family and generations.
- No physical residence requirements.
A Grant (EUR 100,000) plus Investment (EUR 250,000) model will be the model for a special citizenship scheme. This means that applicants must donate a grant to government, as well as invest in development projects (hotels, resorts, IT parks, commercial real estate) that create jobs and Montenegro development.
The Montenegro Special Citizenship by Investment Program (MSCIP) will require investments in economic activity (business) that will contribute to Montenegro’s economic development and/or investment in real estate and/or the payment of funds to a Montenegro Budget special account.
- No language tests, No business experience.
- No military service required.
- Free movement in EU countries and Schengen area.
- Invest EUR 250,000 in some of the development projects previously approved by the Government in an undeveloped area of Montenegro, or
- Invest EUR 450,000 in some of the development projects previously approved by the Government in the developed area of Montenegro.
Government fee: Additional Donation of EUR 100,000 in the form of Government fee is needed.
Application fee: The applicant must deposit 15,000 euros for an application for themselves, 10,000 euros for up to 4 family members, and 50,000 euros for each next family member,
Total investment requires a minimum investment of EUR 350,000 or more. Additional due diligence and passport fee extra.
Montenegro encourages large investment development projects in Tourist or hotel developments
- Five star hotels and resorts:
- €15 million tourism developments in the coastal region or the capital Podgorica, Employing at least 80 employees and have at least 60 accommodation units
- € 5 million in the northern or central region, except the capital Podgorica, at least 25 employees and 35 accommodation units
The list of development projects in the field of tourism will be approved by the Government, at the proposal of the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism.
Investment primary agricultural production is at least € 2,000,000 and create atleast 10 jobs
- Wood processing:
Investment of €4 million and employing atleast 20 people
Investment of atleast €3.5 million in fisheries and processing products and employing 20 people
Montenegro is joining as a 12th country offering CBI programs.
Montenegrin passport is ranked 42nd in the world with visa free access to 123 countries including EU schengen states, Russia, Turkey, Singapore etc. A visa is needed to travel to United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and United States
Montenegro is expected to join EU in 2025 and will be a part of schengen area after that.
Montenegro offers low tax policy for established businesses and individuals.
An applicant may acquire Montenegrin citizenship by admission on the basis of a special program if:
1) For the purpose of the costs of the procedure, he has made a payment to the payment account of the Competent Body in the amount of:
– EUR 15,000.00 for the applicant;
– EUR 10,000.00 for each family member, up to four members at maximum;
– EUR 50,000.00 for each next family member.
2) Has deposited a sum of EUR 100,000.00 on the ESCROW account for the establishment of less established local self-government units for the purposes referred to in Article 18 of the National Development Act;
3) Has deposited an amount of at least EUR 450,000.00 on the ESCROW account for the purpose of investing in some of the development projects in the capital of Podgorica or the coastal region of Montenegro or an amount of at least EUR 250,000.00 for the purpose of investing in some of the development projects in the northern or central region of Montenegro, except for the capital of Podgorica;
4) Has not been sentenced by a final and binding court decision in Montenegro or another state to an unconditional prison sentence of more than one year for a criminal offense being prosecuted ex officio or the legal consequences of the conviction for such a criminal offence have ceased;
5) In accordance with this Decision, the international due diligence agent has given a positive opinion including proof of the origin of the money intended for payment and investment.
Montenegro residency program:
- Startup visa for entrepreneurs
- Permanent residency against one time investment
- Very minimal residency requirements.
- EUR 100,000 investment in business, real estate or science projects
- Citizenship after 10 years of living in Montenegro